Designing a sacred space involves creating areas in our homes to pause and reflect on our lives in the context of something greater than ourselves, be it family, community, nature or even our connection to the universe.
The Chinese culture believes we are connected to the places where we live. They have been using the art of Feng Shui for thousands of years. Feng Shui which means “wind and water”. It is the oldest method of holistic healing through the environment.
It is the practice of understanding how the energy (feeling) in our living spaces affects the
quality of our lives. The home is an extension of our body, our well-being, and
Making your home sacred is a direct reflection of how we think and feel about
ourselves. “We need to think of ourselves as Beautiful, Powerful, Loving & above all the children of God.”
To begin our home must feel safe & uncluttered:
The main ingredient is a willingness and desire to make our home sacred.
1. CLEAN ENTRY – BRINGS POSITIVE ENERGY INTO THE ROOM
2. CLEAN KITCHEN –GOOD DIGESTION, HEALTH & BRINGS FAMILY & FRIENDS TOGETHER
3. CLEAN BEDROOM –LURES YOU, CALMS YOU & EXCITES YOU @ THE SAME TIME
7 KEY PRINCIPLES THAT FEED THE SPIRIT
- 1. Sacred Objects: What is sacred to you? CD’s, books, family frames, even spiritual items. Tip:
- 2. Incense & Candles: The scent generated from incense will naturally elevate the energy within the space. Tip:
- 3. Natural Elements: Incorporating nature’s elements connects your energy with the energy of the Universe. Tip: Plants, rocks and crystals are a few examples
- 4. Water: It is a source of nurturing, healing & spiritual purification. Tip:A water fountain provides a sound quality that mimics nature & can uplift your spirit.
- 5. Life Force: Life force energy reminds us of the never-ending energy source in the Universe. It connects us to the infinite energy within our soul. Tip:
- 6. Color: Color is one of the most powerful elements within a space that can elevate energy while healing the mind, body and soul. Tip: Adding touches of purple will activate the 7th chakra, our highest energy or diving point
- 7. Sacred shapes of Geometry: Geometry shapes represent the stages of “Becoming”. It provides a direct access to the spiritual & material forces of creation. Tip: A nautilus shell, sunflower, plants or any spiral design will naturally fill the space with divine harmony.