Trends and styles come and go, but some kitchen design trends are timeless. In a continually evolving world, you want to keep up with the hottest trends of 2019, and we're here to help. We're going to outline the kitchen design trends that are currently hot but have staying power to carry you well into the coming years.
1. Concealed, Clever Storage Options
- The minimalist design is still going strong, and people are starting to gravitate toward concealed and clever storage options. These storage options work to maximize your kitchen's storage space while giving you a clean and uncluttered look. It works very well for both large and small kitchens.
2. The Return of Vintage
- 2019's modern design aesthetic continues to mix and blend very well with a more vintage feel and vibe. You want to start thinking about incorporating natural stone elements, hand-wrapped rattan furniture, organic basalt tiling, and lighting or lighting fixtures that have a vintage inspiration. This helps you achieve a comfortable but modern and sleek look.
3. More Open Shelving
- Upper kitchen cabinetry is starting to get a huge makeover. Instead of the traditional wood closed cabinets, people are starting to switch to glass, metal, or wood shelving options. This does reduce the minimalist look to your space, but it can help you quickly and easily create a bold and fun vibe that helps to draw a person's eye around your kitchen space.
4. Splashes of Color
- 2018 saw the return of white kitchens with white accents, and 2019 is shifting to the other end of the spectrum. We expect to see bold splashes of color or accents around your kitchen. This could be a bright blue color on your upholstered stools, bright curtains, or even powder-coated island pendants continue to find their way into white kitchens.
5. Using Contrasting Textures
- We'll start to see the unique combination of sleek and modern finishes offset by contrasting textures. Think cupboards with textured inlays in a bold bronze, or a glass backsplash with marble countertops, or a matte finish on your cabinets contrasted with gorgeous sandblasted wood to help create a glamorous urban look and feel.
6. Adding Bold Colors to Your Cabinets
- If small splashes of color aren't enough, adding a deep blue or a gray-washed green to your cabinetry is currently extremely popular. These bright and bold color choices contrast and beautifully compliment brass fixtures, hardware, and other metal elements like stainless steel appliances.
7. The Rise of Pendant Light Fixtures
- Open concept areas are popular, and it's essential that you come up with a way to denote the different areas of your home. More luxurious designs will see a rise in sleek and beautiful pendant lighting. It has a mid-century Italian influence that adds a gorgeous touch of elegance to any room.
Let Maria Elena Holguin Give You the Hottest Kitchen of the Year
We're all about the newest and latest kitchen design trends at Maria Elena Holguin, and we want to breathe new life into your space! Get in touch with us today to set up a consultation and get the kitchen of your dreams!